What You Need to Know: Public Health and Safety
We must think differently, take specific health and safety measures and work together to protect our community.
Health and Safety Basics
The Three Cs
英雄联盟s10竞猜Protect yourself and others by avoiding the Three Cs:
- Close, continuous contact with others
- Close spaces
Everyone should strive to maintain a 6 foot separation to the fullest possible extent.
- Increasing the physical distance between individuals to at least 6 feet reduces transmission of the virus.
- The greater the physical distance from others, the lesser the risk of transmission.
All WVU community members must wear face masks or coverings.
- The spread of COVID-19 can be controlled when 80% of a population wears face coverings and face masks properly.
- Masks should cover both your nose and mouth, and you should not remove them during conversations.
- Masks with exhalation valves should not be used.
- Campus mask requirements
Clean Your Hands
Do your part by maintaining responsible personal hygiene.
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water or use hand sanitizer.
- Do not touch your mouth, nose or eyes, which can introduce the virus.
- Cover your face when sneezing or coughing (even when wearing a mask).
- Limit touching shared surfaces to reduce the spread of the virus.
Daily Wellness Survey
英雄联盟s10竞猜, faculty and staff are required to complete the wellness survey every day. This includes all students and employees, regardless of whether they have an onsite, online/remote or hybrid schedule.
英雄联盟s10竞猜Please make a good-faith effort to complete this survey seven days a week. Understanding the health of our community through current, comprehensive data will help guide decision-making, including when it’s safe to bring more people back to campus.
英雄联盟s10竞猜The survey takes about 1 minute to complete. Your responses will determine whether you can be on campus each day. If you do not respond, please do not come to any WVU campus.
Completing the Daily Check
- You will receive an email every day at 5:30 a.m. inviting you to complete the survey, as well as a reminder email around 9 a.m.
- If you don’t see the email, check your spam or junk mail folders for the sender (donotreply_wellnesscheck @mail.laycockcoriell.com).
- Follow the provided link, which will be unique to you. If you cannot access your email, you can take the survey at .
- You will be asked to answer several questions about exposure and/or flu-like symptoms.
- You will be asked if you have knowingly been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 24 hours.
- You also will be asked if, within the last 24 hours, you have had new onset of a symptom that cannot be attributed to another health condition or physical exercise. Symptoms include fever, cough, shortness of breath, muscle aches, chills, sore throat and loss of taste or smell.
- If you don't have internet access, you can call WVU Shared Services at 304-293-6006, and a customer care agent will complete the survey for you.
- The data you submit is confidential and for internal use only.
- Your data provides valuable insights that will help the 英雄联盟s10竞猜 understand rates of infection and make appropriate decisions moving forward.
- The survey does not track your location. WVU will rely on human tracers and traditional methods when contact tracing is necessary.
Generating a “Pass”
- After completing the survey, you can on your personal device, indicating that you are permitted on campus.
- You will be prompted to enter your WVU Login credentials and use Duo two-factor authentication to confirm your identity at this point.
- If you have problems logging in, please contact the ITS Service Desk at 304-293-4444.
- Once you have successfully logged in and generated a pass, you will receive another email with a link you can use later to retrieve the pass if you need it.
- Your pass is only valid for the day you completed the survey.
- 英雄联盟s10竞猜, faculty and staff should be prepared to present this pass if requested. Displaying your pass when asked signals respect for others and your shared concern for the well-being of our campus communities.
- Health Sciences clinical faculty and medical residents are exempt from completing the Daily Wellness Survey due to the nature of their work.
- Clinical faculty and medical residents are permitted on campus and in buildings that are open to the campus community as long as they are wearing a face mask and following public health safety protocols.
- 英雄联盟s10竞猜 who decline to take the survey are not permitted on campus and will be marked absent/unexcused for any course they were required to attend.
- Potential consequences for students’ failure to comply with COVID-19 safety protocols are outlined in the Student Health and Safety Policies.
- Leave-eligible employees who decline to complete the survey will not be permitted on campus and will be required to take the day off using annual leave.
- Workers who are not leave-eligible will be required to take an unpaid day off.
- Employees who repeatedly fail to abide by this important part of the 英雄联盟s10竞猜’s safety protocols may be subject to appropriate disciplinary action, including warning, suspension, termination or other disciplinary action as appropriate.
- If you have an approved leave request with multiple days off and have no access to cell or internet service during that time, you won’t face discipline for failing to submit a daily survey. However, you should resume the survey on the day you return to work.
英雄联盟s10竞猜WVU is encouraging the voluntary use of , a symptom-monitoring mobile app that will allow users to proactively make decisions based on their risk of infection.
WVU will provide free testing throughout the year, focusing on three major areas:
- Rapid testing for anyone who exhibits any symptoms.
- Frequent, ongoing testing for groups that may be at higher risk.
- Ongoing surveillance testing throughout the campus community during the school year.
The Student Rec Center will serve as a testing site throughout the fall semester for WVU Morgantown.
The Testing Procedure
- A nasal live-virus, anterior swab test will be administered, which is less invasive and results in less discomfort than sampling from other upper respiratory anatomical sites.
- The testing procedure takes less than five minutes to complete.
If You Test Positive
- All WVU community members are required to report if they test positive for COVID-19.
- 英雄联盟s10竞猜 should notify the .
- Employees should notify .
- The local health department will contact any individual who tests positive for COVID-19, complete an initial case investigation and initiate contact tracing.
- The 英雄联盟s10竞猜 will support these efforts by providing contact information, personnel and other resources as requested.
- WVU Student Health and Student Life will work with students on procedures for isolation and return to class.
- Supervisors and WVU Medical Management will work with employees on procedures for isolation and return to work guidance.
- Units and supervisors should ensure that the privacy and confidentiality of all students and employees is maintained during any efforts to identify potential close contacts.
While COVID-19 is a highly contagious disease, the best evidence indicates that the disease is unlikely to spread through casual contact.
The goal of contact tracing is to identify, through a series of interviews, those individuals who have had significant close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19.
In these situations, close contact includes:
- Having been within 6 feet of someone diagnosed with COVID-19 for a period of at least 15 minutes in any environment, regardless of the use of face coverings or masks; or,
- Living in the same household as a person with COVID-19
- Caring for a sick person with COVID-19
- Being in direct contact with secretions from a person with COVID-19 (e.g., being coughed on, kissing, sharing utensils, etc.)
What to Do If ...
When to Quarantine
- You must quarantine if you experience COVID-19 symptoms or have had direct contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19.
- Until a formal case investigation and contact tracing can be completed, all those who are known or suspected to have been in close contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 should undergo a 14-day quarantine/monitoring period.
- Contacts of contacts (e.g., secondary contacts), or brief contacts with a person diagnosed with COVID-19, are generally not felt to be at high risk of infection.
- Therefore, unless the health department identifies that a specific outbreak situation warrants further action, the 英雄联盟s10竞猜 will not seek to identify casual contacts or secondary contacts.
- Units may advise employees and students to monitor their own health for the development of any symptoms, but quarantine procedures are not required for these types of contacts.
What to do if You're in Quarantine
- All WVU community members are required to report if they are self-quarantining due to suspected or known exposure to COVID-19.
- 英雄联盟s10竞猜 should notify the .
- Employees should notify .
- 英雄联盟s10竞猜 who become aware outside of the 英雄联盟s10竞猜 that they have had a positive exposure, are a close contact or are instructed to quarantine by a physician should also notify the CARE Team for all necessary resources.
- Individuals who meet the criteria for close contacts may be released from quarantine if they have no symptoms for a 14-day period.
- Supervisors and WVU Medical Management will work with employees on procedures for quarantine and return to work guidance.
Student and Employee Accommodations
- All of our personal situations will be unique. Some members of our 英雄联盟s10竞猜 community may be more vulnerable to complications of COVID-19 that increase the risk of infection or the severity of symptoms.
- According to the CDC, and individuals with may have a higher risk for COVID-19 infection.
Employee Accommodations and Modifications
- Medical conditions that necessitate reasonable accommodations related to COVID-19 are being addressed as Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Accommodations.
- In accordance with the ADA Amendments Act, certain factors do not meet the definition of a disability (e.g., age, pregnancy and the caregiving of vulnerable family members). In these cases, employees will be referred to WVU Medical Management.
- Reasonable modifications will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- When applicable, other provisions may run concurrently with accommodations such as FMLA, FFCRA, leave and other 英雄联盟s10竞猜 programs.
- To seek accommodations, faculty and staff should contact email@example.com.
- More information can be found at WVU Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion's .
- 英雄联盟s10竞猜 with questions related to accommodations and the Coronavirus should contact the Office of Accessibility Services at 304-293-6700. More information is available at .
Flexible Learning and Working Environments
- Given the evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic and the drastic alteration of patterns of work, transportation, family support, childcare, travel and other fundamental modes of life, we expect our leaders, managers, supervisors, faculty members and researchers to model flexibility and foster a community of wellness and awareness to the maximum extent possible.
- Flexibility includes the readiness to immediately adapt to changing circumstances by implementing more restrictions and/or returning quickly to safer at home guidelines.
Enforcement of COVID-19 Protocols
Employees and students are accountable for following these requirements:
- COVID-19 education module
- COVID-19 test and subsequent testing
- Self-reporting a positive COVID-19 test result
- Isolation and quarantine periods
- Contact tracing efforts
- Proper use of masks/face coverings
- Local, state and federal physical distancing and maximum crowd size orders
- Wellness checks
Student Policies and Penalties
- Health and Safety Policies (for all students)
- Residence Hall Health and Safety Policies (for students living in residence halls)
Employee Policies and Penalties
- Employees who fail to abide by the safety protocols described in the will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action, including warning, suspension, termination or other disciplinary action as appropriate.
- Enforcement guidelines for employees will be unveiled closer to the start of the fall semester.
Reporting Violations of COVID-19 Protocols
- If you see a violation of 英雄联盟s10竞猜, local or state health and safety guidelines, please follow the steps for reporting violations.
Stop the Spread
Personal accountability is the key to our safe return to campus. Do your part to keep everyone safe.Do Your Part
Return to Campus Conversations
英雄联盟s10竞猜You’re welcome to join live discussions — or watch recordings of previous conversations whenever it’s convenient.Conversations